Creating documents after documents can be mind-numbingly monotonous and boring too. Creating documents take a lot of time, especially if you have to start from scratch every single time.
Are you tired of creating almost similar documents over and over again?
There is a easy and effective way to create documents without spending too much time. That is, instead of starting from scratch every time, you use one document as a standard or a template and create documents off of that standard document.
How to create hundreds of documents everyday in a jiffy
- First, identify a document that has all the essential elements, text and images, if any, in the correct format and style.
- Now save this document as a Word Template. That is, you now save your document as .dotx or .dot and not .doc or .docx.
- Once you save a document as a template you can keep using this document as the standard document and make any changes necessary to create new documents.
- When you click open a Word template file you will be prompted to rename and save the document as a separate document. The document you clicked open will not be edited or changed in any way. Therefore preserving the standard while easily creating new documents based on the standard document.
- In the newly named and saved document you can make whatever changes or editing you wish to make.
So basically, you can have a letter template, a note template, a report template, etc depending on the kind of work and document you create in your business.
Creating document templates helps:
- secure the integrity of the content
- consistency in style and format of a document
- ease editing and amendments
- save time and effort when you need new documents (especially with very minimal changes)
Creating templates and standards to your documents also helps give you a certain brand and identity to your business. It is always wise to create standard business documents with your logos and business information ready to be used and re-used easily.
Give this tip a try and tell us what you think in the comments.